So I've gone trough this immense list and I've picked those that looks promising (so you won't have to do it).
Note that : I have excluded repos with no documentation because I ain't got time for this, and because I implied that their project is not intended to everyone (therefore it's either crappy or useless).
I made this list on January 21, 2017.
Top "Do it all" library
Top Twitch chat bots
- KirschnBot : Looks clean and got a bunch of simple features. It has a web interface. Website located here.
- Yucibot : Has a bunch of features. Seems maintained.
- Omnibot : Has a bunch of features but seems unmaintained.
- Savagebot : Not much features. Somewhat maintained.
- xikbot : They say it's a highly configurable and extensible Twitch bot, but there is not much mention of features or documentation. Website located here.
- bestTwitchBotEver : Well, contrary to it's name, It does not have a lot of features.
Top Twitch chat APIs
- tmijs/tmi.js : The most complete chat API out there.
- scagood/tmi.js : Very new but it seems to be filled with a bunch of features. (to check back in the future I guess)
Top Twitch REST APIs
- twitch.tv : Straight to the point, easy to use, no useless crap, works with latest v5 twitch API.
- twitchy : Almost equivalent to twitch.tv, documentation is a bit "cuter" tho. Also old and unmaintained.
The ecosystem of usable tools to build Twitch related apps is very limited right now... So I wish you good luck ! ;)